Do you possess strong administration skills? In your capacity as an Assistant for Communications & Events, you will be responsible for aiding in communications and event coordination, as well as offering general administrative support to the Foundation office. West Buckland School Foundation exists to support and promote West Buckland School through the funding of bursaries, capital projects and general projects awarded at the discretion of the Trustees.
Old West Buckland Association (OWBA)
The main purpose of the OWBA is for former students, staff and parents of West Buckland School to keep in touch with each other using the OWBA office in the school as the focal point. A key part of our work is to bring together the community by organising events and updating them with the on-going successes of West Buckland School.
This is part-time role based on 15 hours per week.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
• Assisting in the creation of diverse and effective communications including regular email newsletters and an annual digital magazine
• Supporting the execution of alumni engagement and fundraising initiatives through social media and websites
• Co-ordinating and providing assistance for both internal and external events, including those relating to careers, alumni engagement and fundraising
• Assist in the preparation of materials, reports and presentations as required by the OWBA Committee
What are we looking for?
• Previous administrative experience in a customer facing role
• Proficiency in using social media platforms (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Excellent IT skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Prior experience in event organisation
Please send a fully completed application form, and any supporting information, to [email protected]
Interviews will be arranged upon receipt of suitable applications.